Welcome to the 46th Annual CBYRA ANNAPOLIS RACE WEEK
01, 02, 03 SEPTEMBER 2012
Annapolis Race Week (ARW) is the premier sailing regatta in the Mid-Atlantic Region. It is a perpetual and annual event that occurs with consistency every year over Labor Day weekend off the shores and in the City of Annapolis. The 3-day event offers a significant and unique opportunity for its sponsors and partners to tap into a broad international and national platform of sailing, yachting, promotional venues and media coverage.
CBYRA is again happy to announce that its tent party and regatta headquarters will be again held at Annapolis' City Dock. Utilizing the Susan C. Campbell Park as the shore-side venue has heightened visibility and attendance and by opening it up to the public, created a citywide festival type event. The tent parties will be greened again this year with well-marked trash and recycling containers.
If you are not familiar with Annapolis Race Week here is some general information about the event:
1. In 2010 and 2009 CBYRA had 175 boats compete in ARW
2. On average there were 7 crew per boat, for a total of about 1225 racers
3. In 2010 the move to a public space brought approximately 1000 people per day to the post-racing activities
as opposed to in 2009 at a private venue only 450 people attended each day.
1. ARW hosts competitors from all over the country
2. In 2010, ARW hosted national events as part of its regatta
~ Cal 25 Nationals
~ Farr 30 North American Championship
~ J/35 North American Championship feeder regatta
~ Farr 40 North American Championship practice regatta
1. ARW provides three days of racing on the Chesapeake Bay
2. There are 4 designated fleets with 3 separate racing circles and one long distance course
3. Each fleet has its own race committee
4. Still photographs are taken of every competitor
1. Tent parties include food, bars, retail sales, live music, competitions and raffles
2. Daily awards are presented each evening and the final awards ceremony takes place Monday
3. Program and daily publications are provided by SpinSheet with racing highlights and standing